8/16/2004

Setting Me Free

Heard this on TV. "Life is what happens to you when you are planning other things." Not only was this profound, it set me thinking.

I have spent months on planning my education, career; years in delving into my future. And, every hour thinking about potential jobs. Every minute, I ruminated over the present and assesed myself against some self-made tough yardsticks every second of my existence.
I am not unhappy with what I have, but am pining for things that others have.

Marriage happened suddenly, I never planned it. And I have a big reason to believe that somethings come to you when you least expect or worse when you least deserve 'em.
May be the moral of the story is that I should not (and cannot) plan everything.


At a time when I am trying hard to break into the media in a foreign market, academics is beckoning me. I never thought I am good with teaching. Looks like I am going to end up in doing only that for a good part of my life here in Singapore.

I have been a good student, may be I will be a good teacher too. Atleast I know I have never cheated in a economics paper. (Can think of atleast two unmentionables who sucked at college, and are now preaching gyan to ignorables!!)

Do I have complaints? No.

I am setting myself free from my own set standards and expectations.


Phew, I feel a lot lighter now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!!! 2 unmentionables and economics paper... hee hee
Am sure you will a great teacher ... ;)